Monday, December 21, 2009
I'm back from China!
It's been a great and memorable experience, getting to know the students there and teaching them. Until now, I'm still trying to get over them and accepting reality. At first, I was really nervous about teaching them but they were welcoming of us and responsive in class and that made me feel so comfortable and happy to teach. It was a long trip so i shall not write specifics down. I really want so much to thank them for giving me such happy memories! Writing this down isd making me tear again. Oh no I really miss them so much. I will miss the times when I walk by the students, they will look up at me and smile, greeting me huang lao shi. I will miss the times spent with them in class, especially in grade 5, with them trying so hard to pronounce the english words correctly. I will miss their fascinated faces in IT lessons and the lower grade students tugging at my clothes, saying laoshi laoshi. AH my scout boy, who will always show you his completed work, just so to see you get impressed. Super cute. Although it can make me feel irritated, but i will surely miss the times where they will always ask to sing and dance for them. Huang lao shi, chang gei wo men ting ba! AH the times when we gathered around and sang for each other! the time when i sang christmas song with Mao Jun! Although we couldn't harmonize due to his off-tune singing. Hahaha Mao Jun is my EC in china! He's super good looking lah! And he wants to be a star in the future! Quite possible! He can dance Michael Jackson you know! I will never forget the way he dance. He'll never know but he left a deep impression on me. Gosh i sound like a pedophile cos he's only 12. They made the song peng you have so much significance. Stupid song, made me tear every time they sing it. The trip has made me realise that you can leave a deep impression on people, whether you know it or not. I will also not forgot the time that 3 G6 boys and 2 friends took me and MW to eat oranges. Although the boys were naughty cos they kept throwing bombs to scare us and laugh at us, but i guess i will also miss that part. Of course of course, I will always remember the G8 girls, especially the 3 jiemei, who accompanied me during the campfire and cry together with me until our eyes were swollen. Although their sms-es freaked me out at first, but they were really really nice people! Hopefully we can keep in contact. And the G7 guy, who doesn't like to play basketball but prefers to play chess instead. I feel really sad when i see the teachers smoking in class and drinking cos of their influence, the students may end up like them drinking and smoking as well. The G6 guys and girls actually brought MW and nicole to drink and apparently the christmas tree in G7 also smokes. And without us, CongLi and MaoPing will continue to be bullied by both teachers and students. They might be abit mentally retarded and disrupt your lesson but you don't have to shout at them and use a broom to chase them out do you? I will always remember the campfire night and the last morning with the you all! I never expect you all to cry, even the guys, when we were leaving, cos i never knew that we had left such a deep impression in you guys. I was really touched by the G7 cos they prepared a christmas party on the last morn. Although I can't promise that i will ever see you again, that i will always think of u guys, but i will always support you all in my heart!! Thanks for all the oranges, cards, gifts and smiles that you have given me! Study hard kay and always stay happy!! My only regrets are that I didn't attempt to spent more time with you guys and take more pictures with you! So I hope that my memories with you guys will always stay. The sad truth is good things always come to an end.
Now, it's back to reality.
4:15 PM endurance, risk and love